Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Words matter

I worry about things being attributed to me from private conversations or speaking events where the public was invited.  I choose words with great care.  The difference between truth and error can be quite a fine line in some important matters.  Therefore, when I say, teach, write or answer a question with exact language in mind, and the listener or reader does not retain the distinctions when they attempt to repeat what I've said, I wind up being confronted with things I never said, don't believe and would never teach.  One of the reasons for this blog is so I can control what is attributed to me.  I'm very willing to be held to account for what I teach or write.  But I'm not willing to be held accountable for someone else's understanding or partial recollection of statements I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?