Saturday, June 5, 2010

Have a joyful Saturday

I have a dear friend whose daughter is getting married this month.  I look forward to driving out to the wedding.  We're planning to take my wife's Mini-Cooper and leave the top down.  A day's worth of driving to and from the wedding is about as delightful a thing as I can imagine at the moment.  I don't care if we're driving at night, the seats have electric heaters and the stars overhead are as interesting as the daytime sky. More so in fact.

The greatest things we possess are our families and friends. They matter. They can endure to all eternity. Nothing will come with us from this fallen world other than the friends and family we acquire, the lessons we have learned, the covenants made with and ratified by the Lord, and the kind acts we have done.  Everything else will dissolve back into the dust of this world.

Have a joyful Saturday.  Do something kind for someone who dislikes you.  Do something generous for someone who loves you.  Go to bed tonight knowing that if this day were the one day chosen to judge your character that it is your best. Make the day holy by the way you live, the words you speak and the thoughts you entertain.

Heaven is stirred and Hell itself is shaken when even one soul lives such a day.

3 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful post ever! Thank you Denver. How I thank the Lord for His sending you to serve us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was refreshing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful invitation! I will endeavour to have such a day.

    My soul does long for a day or night of driving in an open top Mini Cooper :0) A burnt orange one!! LOL.

    Temple days are the best. My wife and I work in the Nashville temple and each time we drive out to Nashville, a 4 hour or so commute on the night before, it is like Christmas eve. I love being in the temple all day. There is no finer work to do with ones day (we always work a double). My wife is an office worker because we have young ones, I am a ordinance worker. To see the power of the Priesthood and the grace of the atonement at work... It is a tangible thing.

    I love it! Plus I always get to steal time away in the celestial room ALONE. It's always a treat and a privilege.

    Denver I think it would be a great pleasure to enjoy your company some day. Though your friendship does not feel far being an an avid reader of your blog.

    Hope you have a sacred day! Be well.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?