Monday, September 23, 2013

A Contemplated Rebuttal

I received two emails notifying me there is a man, woman, child, or committee who is now getting ready to do a "rebuttal" to Passing the Heavenly Gift. It can be found at: http://onewhoiswatching.wordpress.com/2013/09/23/an-evening-in-boise-with-denver-snuffer-part-one/

Normally I would just dismiss someone who lacks the courage to stand up for what they write by identifying themselves. Only then can they be tested by the kind of criticism, disdain, insults, derision and discomfort my family and I are constantly subjected to. Denver Snuffer is my real name. However, this particular woman, or committee, or man has some thoughtful material that I have enjoyed reading. Therefore, despite her/his/their anonymity, I am hopeful there will be worthwhile and productive criticism given.

I suspect this is written by a single individual, because of the constant use of the word "I." However, that could be a collective agreement to use the singular. It is clear the individual/committee want to be viewed as masculine, but I've seen this done by women as well. You will note in the first installment that when they agree with me, I am called "Denver" and when they disagree I am "Snuffer." That suggests some internal disagreement, so there's either more than one or the individual is conflicted.

In any event, I'm hopeful this can provide what the church never has: some feedback based on history that shows PTHG errs in retelling the events of our dispensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?